Friday, July 18, 2008

Moon Shadows

I remember a song of 40 years ago called "Moonshadow." I thought of that song the other night when I went for a stroll on the runway after dark. It was nearly a full moon and the wind was blowing at 15 or 18 knots. There were also broken clouds covering the sky. As I walked along I kept noticing glowing patches of ground ahead of me on the runway. I then noticed they were moving quickly toward me. They were brilliant spots of moonlight and the dark areas between were the cloud shadows. It was quite a sight to see the glowing spots of moonlight hurtling along the runway at 15 knots. I was not being followed I was being overtaken very quickly.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Gary. I remember that song too by Cat Stevens who is now living as a monk in Afghanistan or Pakistan I think. I just got back from 10 days in Japan travelling with Nina and then I brought her home as her 6 month exchange program has come to an end. Japan is beautiful but extremely humid and thank God Nina spoke the language as I would have been lost. Jerry